Account name:
Password:
(Forgot it?)
(OpenID?)
Remember me
You're viewing
nanila
's journal
Create a Dreamwidth Account
Learn More
Interest
Region
Site and Account
FAQ
Email
Reload page in style:
site
light
Sauntering Vaguely Downward
Into the land of lowered expectations
Now
A Long Time Ago
The Them
Network
Tags
Memories
About Me
»
The cardamom is savage
(
nanila
Sep
.
24th
,
2026
09:39 pm
)
Nigella is on Bake Off
Bake Off has been resurrected for me
Sumptuous 🤤
(I have been drinking wine and I'm super jet lagged 🥴)
tags:
bake off
,
television
Flat
|
Top-Level Comments Only
Date:
2026-09-24 11:40 pm (UTC)
From:
jesse_the_k
no subject
Cardamom is
always
the right flavor.
Date:
2026-09-25 07:35 am (UTC)
From:
nanila
no subject
So good! Surprise!cardamom in a curry can be quite a flavour explosion.
Date:
2026-09-25 01:10 am (UTC)
From:
house_wren
no subject
I agree -- Bake Off is resurrected!
Date:
2026-09-25 07:36 am (UTC)
From:
nanila
no subject
I struggled my way through last year for the sake of the lovely bakers, but I feel like I won't have to this year. Hooray!
Date:
2026-09-25 06:31 am (UTC)
From:
silviarambles
no subject
I wholeheartedly share this feeling.
Date:
2026-09-25 07:42 am (UTC)
From:
nanila
no subject
It's so nice to have it not be the Paul Hollywood Bullies Everyone show.
Date:
2026-09-25 03:09 pm (UTC)
From:
emelbe
no subject
Also resurrected for meeeee! I'm so excited.
Date:
2026-09-25 04:12 pm (UTC)
From:
nanila
no subject
Yaaay!
Date:
2026-09-26 09:39 am (UTC)
From:
thekumquat
no subject
Also considering watching again, while waiting for more episodes of Slow Horses, Taskmaster and Ted Lasso.
Her advice on handy meals for kids (just give them a pack of smoked salmon trimmings!) was very useful back in the day.
Date:
2026-09-26 08:45 pm (UTC)
From:
nanila
no subject
Smoked salmon trimmings, mmm. I have one child who would be ecstatic at that prospect (Keiki) and one who wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole (Humuhumu).
Date:
2026-09-27 03:40 am (UTC)
From:
coffeetime
no subject
I loved watching Nigella when my kid was young, and imagining I also could look stunning while whipping up some amazing thing that everyone would eat.
-1
+memory
pass it on
+1
pKa 11.0
titrate
Flat
|
Top-Level Comments Only
.
Profile
Mad Scientess
September
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
2026
Flattr
Most Popular Tags
child-rearing
-
316 uses
humuhumu
-
344 uses
keiki
-
262 uses
photo
-
741 uses
project
-
475 uses
project: 365 posts
-
259 uses
travel
-
245 uses
Page Summary
jesse_the_k
-
(no subject)
house_wren
-
(no subject)
silviarambles
-
(no subject)
emelbe
-
(no subject)
thekumquat
-
(no subject)
Active Entries
1:
The cardamom is savage
2:
Deploy the nopetopus pls
3:
Grief is the thing that sneaks up and bites you when you're not expecting it
4:
1SE for August 2026
5:
1SE for July 2026
6:
Babies!
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags
From:
no subject
Cardamom is always the right flavor.
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
From:
no subject
Her advice on handy meals for kids (just give them a pack of smoked salmon trimmings!) was very useful back in the day.
From:
no subject
From:
no subject